The patient will only require you to complete Part B of their application form if they:
- are attending a radiology appointment
- require an advance for air travel
- are bypassing a nearer service
Patients will only be subsidised when they access their nearest medical specialist. If a patient requests to go to a specialist other than their nearest specialist without meeting of the criteria below, they will be ineligible for subsidy:
- The timeframe for the patient to be seen locally is clinically unacceptable.
- The patients clinical risks cannot be managed in a regional South Australian health facility.
- The patient cannot be treated in South Australia (these referrals are only accepted from an SA Health tertiary hospital.
The patient will require you to complete Part C of their application form at each appointment to show that they have attended.
- For patients attending multiple appointments you can use a Form 2 (block treatment) form, which allows you to approve up to five appointments on the same form.
- If the patient's Part C has not been completed in full, PATS may request more information and this will delay the claim process for the patient. Please ensure you complete your part in full to support a speedy assessment for the patient.